.: Dupla Resenha dos Pinguins :.
This weekend I watched two movies about little penguins. Happy Feet (2006) and Surf's Up (2007). Coincidence? Maybe, I guess there are penguins in my life. A coincidence like this happened before when I watched several movies related to time-space in the same week... Well, regarding the first movie, my driving instructor had bought and showed me the DVD cover. My sister also watched this one. The second one is on the big screens right now, and that's where I watched it.
This is the first one, cute little Mumble:

http://rodrigo.oshiro.googlepages.com/movie_happy_feet.jpg
Happy Feet/Warner Bross - 2006

The movie is all white. Ice everywhere. It will teach that there are some differences that may be good. It tells about how strong one can be to prove oneself in an environment filled with traditions and prejudice against the new. It was a good way to say: "Hey, I am different but I am no less than you.". The easy way would be to crumble and give up, but this stubborn Mumble was happy against all odds and ended up dealing with his difference and proving that he was no less. And he was not alone, he had a little army of friends that believed in him. Another message in this movie was about protecting the nature, because humans are destroying it...
The other movie is about the cool young Maverick:

http://rodrigo.oshiro.googlepages.com/movie_surfs_up.jpg
Happy Feet/Sony Pictures - 2007

Instead of a depressing-all-white-scenario starring a penguin that we want to pity, this movie had this crazy penguin rocking with the sound of Green Day. Instead of a cold place, there was a tropical paradise. The water effects in this movie are amazing. The computer graphics are beautiful. Well, the story of this movie is very similar to the other, about a different being trying to prove his talent. But the personality of this other one is different. Its like "Hey, I am different so what?". Oh, almost forgot, the other cool characters from this movie are the Big Z, Lani and Joe. They are a bunch of weirdos rocking with their peaceful lifestyle.
.: Postar um comentário :.