.: Primeiras Impressões dos EUA :.
Well, how can I say, there are so many things that are very different from Brazil, but nothing like I really can't get used to. The avenues are somehow larger, there is a clear division between the residential area streets and the freeways. So the avenues are larger and has traffic signs that indicates when it is possible to turn left or right for example, so the crossing among ways are very well organized. The speed limit is very low, 30 miles around railroads, 40 miles in general and higher speed limit on other highways. Tolls are not that expensive I would say, but they do exist.
The food is very different, you almost will never find white rice to eat and the beans here have a very different sauce and taste. Almost everything is spicy, maybe because the weather here is colder so... Food feels hotter when spicier. As for the drinks I believe they are the same everywhere in the globe! Water is water anywhere and so is the lemonade. But it is difficult to find fresh fruit juice, actually I haven't found a place that serves it yet. It is all manufactured stuff. Anyway, the local food here is very good I do not have any reason to complain. It's different for sure, but it also taste good. And as for the desserts they are just as delicious as those from Brazil. I love a good dessert after dinner. Oh, I guess the people here dine very early because whenever we go out to have dinner at night the places started to get empty and people starts to disappear!
Now the most important comment to me is about the people. I cannot say I met and talked with all these different cultures we can find around here. There are people from India, Mexico, Latin America, Eastern Asia, China, Israel and also the Americans themselves. There are many young Americans that use very strange and Gothic cloths. Weird hair, black shirts. The kids are very cute though. I wish I could take pictures of all those people, there are so many different cultures crossing you when you hit the places you go. And even in the place I am working there are different English accents. Also, there are not so many native Americans around. Where the Americans are used to work?
Talking about people, my host here is the coolest man around. He is so simple and yet good in his own way. He welcomed us with open mind and even invited us to the birthday party of his baby girl, Anna. Absolutely just the person I though he was. I am still getting used to the other people around I did not have much opportunities to have contact with them. I am the kind of person that takes some time to get familiar with another person, but once I get used, the relationship becomes much better and smooth.
.: Postar um comentário :.