.: A Primeira Festa de Aniversário :.
Yesterday me and Miguel left the office and went straight to the Gurnee Malls to look for a gift for the baby girl. We wondered what an American would like to receive as a gift. At first we thought it was better to buy a gift card. But then we found a store with lots of cool stuff for girls. Catties, fluffy pillows and other kid like things. So we decided to buy our gifts in that store instead of giving a gift card... We also bought some gift bags. We could not find any 1-year-birthday-gift-card but I guess it was a already enough buying those little toys.
In the next day we had lunch at T.G.I. Friday's. I ordered and ate it all and even asked for a dessert. Then we picked up the gifts in the hotel and headed to Mike's house. First we tried to find the city of Silver Lake in the state of Illinois, but we completely forgot that the state was in Wisconsin! Anyway after 45 minutes or so we arrived at Mike's house.
Wisconsin is a beautiful place. I never liked the big cities, I would never live in a place like Chicago. I am a beach boy after all... Also, I studied in a very peaceful city in college times. But pay no attention to my nonsense, I also like the big cities. Anyway the most important thing is the people living inside these cities.
In the middle of the road I realized I had forgotten my camera, I was so mad with myself. But at least Miguel was caring his. Mike's house looked exactly as a standard American house. There was a big garden, grass in the ground, a big garage and the house itself was made of a wood like material. We could find the house because his younger child, little Michael, was playing outside. The mailbox had the family's name written though.
Once we arrived Mike welcomed us with a drink. Little Michael was very funny. He was driving those bikes for children. He seemed a smart boy. He tried to explode a balloon by sitting on it, but luckily he couldn't do it. It was dangerous and I told him not to do that. There were also two other children, Mathew and Jessie, the oldest son. And of course, the baby Anna. I guess these names are all family names, since Anna is the name of Mikes grandmother.
You know, that family was amazing! Very kind and I never expected to be invited to a family party. I kinda felt that it was a party for the people close to him. In the beginning I thought other people from the office would come, beside me and Miguel but I was mistaken.
One of the Mike's child, Mathew was very, very nice to me. I don't know why but he started to say all sort of things to me. Hmmm... I had the feeling that somehow he is always trying to do his best. He said that he was not thaaat close to his little brother, because I thought they would play together but you know, children are children anywhere in the world. He even wanted to show me the playground and the shared toys. Well he complained and said nice things too, tried to show me and Miguel the cool things that he could do with the bike, skateboard, etc. Jessie was with one of his friends, he did not talk much with us.
Many other Mike's relatives started to pop out: mother, father, grandpa... The family of his wife was all there too. All American-Italians: big family, big heart. I know about Italians it is like it always fits one more person.
The party itself was great. I was not very hungry because of all the food I ate in the lunch, but I could tell it was good. The whole family sang the Happy Birthday and Mike shot the movie. So much joy!
Well, the baby was very calm. She ate her cake and smiled to everyone. It was really a princess! We all ate the cake, there were two types of cakes, one of chocolate and one of vanilla I suppose. I ate one piece too and it tasted good.
Then Sheryl started to open the gifts. I do hope they liked the message that I wrote in the card and the Hello Kitty doll I gave to the baby. Oh, I also gave them some chocolates from Brazil. There were so many chocolates in the bag that I hope they did not get mad at me, because you know, children can't eat too much sugar.
After some time my body was started to feel heavy, damn weak body that I have! Well, we took a picture with the family and then thanked Mike for the hospitality. A great man with a great family, that is why I am a big fan of him.
In the way home Miguel used the GPS to find the route and I came seated with my stomach aching so much. I had to lay down as soon as possible. Well, back in the hotel this was just what I did and I relaxed after a warm bath. Well, anyway this was quite an experience. One of those that I will treasure in my heart.
.: Postar um comentário :.